Following the Queensland Government’s announcement regarding the South East Queensland 3-day lockdown that comes into effect at 4pm this afternoon (Saturday 31st July 2021), we would like to assure our community that Hatch Private Maternity services will continue, with some necessary updates to operations.
In light of another cluster of positive cases overnight and community transmission concerns:
- We cannot support partners or support people in the waiting and consultation rooms during this lockdown period. Women are to attend their appointment alone in order to protect our staff as essential workers and other women in the waiting room. We know how sensitive this time is and how much support pregnant women need during such uncertainty, but we have to do the right thing by protecting each other. We welcome support people on FaceTime.
- All women attending appointments are required to wear a mask at all times.
- The Hatch Private Maternity patient services team will contact you if your appointment is changing.
As always, please DO NOT attend our clinic and reschedule your appointment with the Hatch Private Maternity reception team on: (07) 3332 1950 if you:
- have tested positive for COVID-19,
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19,
- have been in contact with any person who has returned from international travel in the last 14 days, or
- are feeling unwell.
We have taken extra precautionary hygiene measures in the practice which may affect wait times, so we ask for your patience during this time.
When attending our waiting rooms, please ensure you:
- use the sanitiser available to clean your hands on arrival,
- use social distancing when dealing with our staff and other women in our practice. A distance of 1.5 metres is considered optimal,
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and
- sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow if necessary.
Our commitment is to minimise the risk to our families and staff.
Stay safe and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For additional information, please visit the Queensland Government’s Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown page for the latest updates: